I have searched high and low for a faultless cookie recipe and finally, here it is!
Milk chocolate with miso:
- 225g Salted Butter
- 200g Light Brown Sugar
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 360g Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Half a tsp salt
- 350g Milk Chocolate
- 1tsp Miso Paste
Makes: Approximately 20 cookies
Equipment: Tray and baking parchment, bowl, mixer, spoon, weighing scales, ice cream scoop/ tablespoon
Oven: 200c fan or 220c no fan
Timings: 30 minutes preparation, 30 minutes freezing, 8-10 minutes baking time.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Gently fold in the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and salt, careful not to over mix!
- Chop chocolate bar into small chunks.
- Fold the chocolate and miso into the mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon spoon out the mixture and roll with your hands into balls.
- Pop into the freezer for 30 minutes. Put the oven on after 20 minutes at 200c with fan or 220c without fan.
- Place cookies onto a tray with baking parchment for 5 minutes, then turn for a further 3 if you like them gooey or 5 minutes if you like them crunchie.