Super fluffy light american pancakes, top them with any of your favourites; maple syrup, nutella, fruit, peanut butter, jam… I went for golden syrup and berries and another of my favourites is to pop brie and jam between the layers!
Makes 8 pancakes
- 125g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 120 ml Milk
- 1 medium Egg
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- In a jug whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Whisk the liquid mixture into the bowl of flour, keep whisking until the lumps have disappeared.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat (I use number 7 out of 9) and add a knob of butter. When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter into the centre of the pan. When little bubbles rise up to the surface it is ready to carefully flip. Allow the bottom to cook and check if both sides are golden.
- Repeat until the batter is used.
- Top with your favourite toppings.